Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Poems:Path to home

Locked in my dreams a world unseen a path of acceptance a road to reflection,
I wander these twists an turns, cut by thorns and briars of scorn self pity self hate just a moment on my path not my fate but a reason to change knowing how to find my name realize we are all the same as the same, the stars the galaxies they all sing our names.
Sometimes I look up to see the way out stumbling crying, screaming I shout, “why must my path be so alone,” no one replies so I fall back into my lies a thin disguise, illusions of a home other than my heart, that is square one, each day I learn to start as if it were the first the morning haze of my birth into change the morning dew my breast milk, I drink from the goddesses teat an the creatures occasionally come out to greet me as a friend, but they only wait with me for the moment, and I keep moving along my path of conception looking past the deceptions of things I release the material possession which make the path harder to climb, like Sisyphus the boulder I let go of returns to remind me move on on down my path past the mountainous gates of the eternal landscape of a past which is a life, not held in strife or pain along the path comes fallen rain reminding me many must cleanse allow the hurt to drain into the colors of the sunset the oceans will help us remember forget our moment, we dive in swimming through tears across to the other side I am still alive not drowned but refreshed dive in, there never was time to regret, so I am beget to traverse through a new land with many paths many directions not just one many ways of moving towards the moon mother the father the sun I choose the path of conflict for the experience the overgrown weeds the piles of composting leaves the high grass I stop to smell how sweet the new world of hills and dales maybe I might meet someone I think, we might exchange great tales of our travels, but when I look to the horizon I see not one other person, it could seem lonely or fearful but at the drop of my tears on the earth a flower emerges, telling me not to stop but to keep pushing forward and up, up I go to the highest point I stop and contemplate solitude, no more loneliness no more fear I leave those on top of this mountain look out and see another trail which leads me down into the valley of my dreams, it is only a moment this path it is not like any of us are really ever trapped think of the moment watch it pass, nothing is forever nothing lasts, we can choose to let go to become willing to show the beauty we know is true moving through our moments of solitude loneliness fear and joy we are capable of so much more than one direction we are capable of making the paths have a connection, at that moment my epiphany arises I begin to see the others who are just like me and out of the breeze across the plains a circle of hands rises and people call out my name, I have reached the center of myself and because I have not been afraid to see the people on the path behind beside become apparent to me, and I no longer have doubts no longer have pain for I reach out to those who circle and loving those who find life sacred I now find the truth of eternity is seeing we are all the same, I was never alone, I needed to not see myself to accept myself before I could see others, sisters brothers, and though the path was long tedious and hard at the end is a beginning of a new world where all beings sacred together, lovers and friends together we see all roads lead to the unification of you and me, this is free, this is a place to call home no more will we ever be alone, we are home welcome home, welcome home, I love you, this is how we have grown
(Written by Aaron Dolson)

No comments:

Post a Comment