Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Faerie tale:The story of weaving

Once long before the traffic and noise
Their lived the woman of the woods the daughter of the moon,
Octal the weaver of all things on earth
And from her womb she spun the web connecting all things to her grandmother, through her mother the moon.
It happened one day that she was weaving, and two small girls walked out of the woods, nude as the day they were born for they had not worn clothing during this time.
“well hello dear ones, I am surprised you have found me here weaving the earth from my loom!”
the two girls looked at one another
“well since you have found me I will have to teach you a secret, and this you shall share with your daughters as my mother and grandmother have shared this wisdom with me!”
she proceeded to take the girls into her lap one on each leg
and she proceeded to continue her weaving.
Wolves jumped from her loom and trees and shadows and the breeze.
Then she gave the girls the loom to try.
But no animals jumped from the loom, no trees no bees.
Here she said let me see this thing.
She took the loom and out jumped a sheep, such a pretty little sheep, and she took her shears from behind her ears, and cut the fur of the sheep.
“now dear ones, here is a more suitable thing for you to weave”
she balled up the fur, thread it in and they both began to weave a string, next they took the string at her command and onto the loom it went, like magic they wove fabric on the loom, smiling and singing the weaving tune, then the evening came,
“I must return to my mother the moon, here though now you have a secret to share with your daughter’s and granddaughters, just as my mother and grandmother have shared this with me, but understand this magic can enslave you or set you free, always share it with those who can see nothing become something, never share it with anyone who wishes to use this power to dictate, or forever will your people be enslaved.”
And with this she split into three maid mother and crone one going into the earth one going through the moon and one going up into the stars.
And the girls knowing the secret of weaving walked off into different directions to share their secret with the ones who show great care, to not enslave, but to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment